Thursday, March 17, 2005

Brother Michael's Devotional

II Corinthians 12:9 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most Gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."


There is weakness in all of our lives. There are certain sins that may be a great temptation to us. Something that appeals to the flesh, is attractive to the eye or lifts ones pride. Or maybe it is a physical ailment. There are disabilities that hinder the ministry and service of God. How shall we be delivered from these things?
It may not be God's will for you or I to be delivered from all of our infirmities. When we are well and not tempted by sin we find little time for God. But let a trial or temptation come our way and we flee to Him. God can and does use or weakness to display His strength and teach us to rely on Him. Friend, do not trust in your own talents and abilities, trust in the grace of God. He has enough for me, and plenty left for you. His grace is sufficient for you, and He has enough.
Corrie Ten Boom in her book "Amazing Love" recounts the following, "Years ago I told the story of Jesus' feeding the five thousand with five loaves and two fishes to a class of feeble-minded boys. Carl had become so absorbed in the story that he jumped to his feet and shouted, 'There is enough, there is enough, take as much as you want, there is enough!'"
Do you need more grace? There is enough, there is enough, take as much as you want, there is enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home